1. List a few Digital Marketing trends for 2023-24?
- Short DIY videos
- Telling a real story or example
- Audience focused content
- Personalized content
- Using AI in content
- Google Discover
- NFTs are used by marketers
2. What are the four C’s of Digital Marketing?
Customer – The person who receives the message.
Content – The message that the customer sees is referred to as content.
Context – The message sent to the consumer.
Conversation – This is when you and your consumer have a conversation.
3. How to avoid the content penalty for duplicates?
Some of the ways to avoid this are:
- To use a 301 redirect to the original URL
- To use a rel=canonical attribute to the original content. This tells the search engine that a specific URL represents the original webpage
- To opt for a preferred domain in the Google Search Console. This can redirect spiders to crawl web pages in different ways
4. What can you do to improve your conversion rates?
Some of the best practices to improve your conversion rates include:
- You can start with defining your website’s goals
- Next, collect and analyze your visitor data
- You must perform competitor analysis
- Optimizing layouts of your critical pages can also prove to be extremely helpful
5. What is RLSA, and how does it work?
RLSA or Remarketing Lists for Search Ads enables you to customize your search ad campaigns for people who have already visited your website. Bids and ads can be tailored to cater to these visitors when they’re on Google and its other search partner sites.
This lets you optimize your existing keywords for visitors and to bid on keywords that you rarely bid on.
6. What are the types of Digital Marketing in the industry?
There is a wide variety of concepts pertaining to Digital Marketing. Here are some:
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Affiliate marketing
- Content marketing
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Pay-per-click advertising (PPC)
7. Name some PPC (Pay-Per-Click) tools?
For this question, you can answer by giving the top 5 most used Pay-Per-Click tools. They are:
|iSpionage is a competitive research and monitoring platform. It helps improve SEO & SEM performance.
|SEMrush helps in keyword research. It helps with online ranking data like cost-per-click and search volume.
|SpyFu lets users find any website’s paid keywords and ad spend history.
|Unbounce allows users to create and publish their own landing pages without the need for code.
|Adbeat helps users uncover any advertiser’s advertising strategy. Users can also see how much they are spending and on what.
8. How can you assess the impact of social media marketing?
There are multiple ways to gauge performance growth in the area of social media marketing. Here are some of them:
- Direct engagement
- Content sharing
- Brand outreach
9. How is the return on investment calculated?
The return on investment (ROI) is the simple difference between the sales amount and the investment in marketing.
ROI = Sales −The Cost of Advertising
10. Can you name any five email marketing tools that are widely used?
There are multiple email marketing tools out there for you to answer in the digital marketing interview, but these are the ones that are most popular among users:
11. What are the top 5 Cs of Digital Marketing?
This has got to be another important Digital Marketing interview question for freshers as well as experienced candidates! The 5 Cs of Digital Marketing are:
12. Name some Google AdWords ad extensions.
- Affiliate location extension
- Call extensions
- Promote extension
- Structured snippet extension
- App extension
- Sitelink extension
- Callout Extension
13. Mention some bidding options.
Some of the popular bidding options are :
- Cost Per Click (CPC)
- Cost Per Thousand Impressions(CPI)
- Cost Per Action/Acquisition (CPA)
14. Name the key metrics to measure the success of paid search campaigns.
The success of paid search campaigns can be measured by the following metrics.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR)
- Conversion Rate
- Cost Per Conversion
- Quality Score
- Wasted Spend
15. What one should do to avoid the penalty?
- Do not link to any other site with bad page rank
- Avoid Poison words, for example word “link”, when you hypertext this text to give the link to your site it becomes poison words
- Avoid stealing text or images from other domains
- Avoid re-directing users to another page through refresh meta-tags – don’t immediately send user or visitors to another page even before he or she clicked on the web page link
16. Mention what are the characteristics of “bad links” ?
The characteristics of “bad links” are
- Links from sites that are unrelated to your sites
- Links from low Page Rank and Low traffic
- Links from link exchanges
- Links from those sites that are not in Google index
- Paid links
- Link from the same anchor texts coming from multiple sites
- Spammy links from blogs or articles.