1. Explain about $wpdb variable in WordPress.
$wpdb is a variable that stores the WordPress database object. It can be utilized to perform custom database activities. It gives the most secure intends for the WordPress database.
2. What are the hooks in WordPress?
WordPress Hooks allows the plugins to ‘hook into the rest of the WordPress plugin that you call at specific times, hence your plugin set in motion. WordPress has two kinds of hooks:
3. Define OAuth2?
It is a protocol that allows the applications for interacting with blogs on WordPress.com
4. What are the types of hooks in WordPress and mention their functions?
There are two types of hooks 1) Action hooks 2) Filter hooks
Hooks allow a user to create WordPress theme or plugin with shortcode without changing the original files. Action hooks allow you to insert an additional code from an outside resource, whereas, Filter hooks will only allow you to add content or text at the end of the post.
5. What are the positive aspects of WordPress?
Few positive aspects of WordPress are
- Easy installation and upgrade
- In-built SEO engine
- Easy theme system
- Multilingual- available in more than 70 languages
- Own data- no unwanted advert on your website
- Flexibility and Easy publishing option
6. What is the prefix of WordPress tables by default?
By default, wp_ is the prefix for WordPress.
7. Why does WordPress use MySQL?
MySQL is widely available database server and is extremely fast. It is an open source, and it is available at no cost also it is supported by many low-cost Linux hosts so its easy for anyone to host their website.
8. What are the steps you can take if your WordPress file is hacked?
- Install security plugins like WP security
- Re-install the latest version of WordPress
- Change password and user-ids for all your users
- Check your themes and plug-ins are up to date
9. Does WordPress have cookies?
10. In which cases you don’t see plugin menu?
You can’t see your plugin menu when the blog is hosted on free wordpress.com as you cannot add plugin there. Also, if you do not have an account of an administrator level on your WordPress is not possible to see the plugin.
11. How is creating a site on wordpress.org different from wordpress.com?
Most of the things are similar in both except the choices of themes and the use of plugins.
12. Do de-activated plugins slow down a WordPress site?
No, de-activated plugins cannot slow down the WordPress site. Wordpress only loads the active plugins and ignores everything else.
13. In what case we cannot recommend WordPress to our client?
We cannot recommend WordPress in the following situation:
- If the client is working on a non-CMS base project
- If a site wants complex or innovative e-commerce
- In case of enterprise intranet solution
- Sites are requiring custom scripting solutions.
14. What is a Child Theme?
The child theme is an extension of the parent theme. If you make changes to the main/parent theme, any update will undo the changes. With a child theme, the customizations are preserved on an update.
15. Is there any other CMS better WordPress?
WordPress is no doubt a good CMS, but Drupal and Joomla are among the best CMS you can work with.
16. Can you host WordPress using Amazon web services such as EC2, RDS, EBS, etc.?
Yes, you can host using Amazon web services.
17. What are the reasons why one should not hack WordPress core file?
The best reason not to hack the core files is that whatever you might be doing has to be reworked as a patch.
These interview questions will also help in your viva(orals)